Sprout House has been providing a setting for young learners that offers warmth and spirit. With small classes and hands-on experiences, the integrity of Kindergarten is fully realized.
By using a project approach and a genuine attempt to love and take care of their fragile blue world, Sprout House children can begin to formulate a holistic rather than reductionist attitude about learning.
- Help the child enjoy school for the pleasure of learning and to enjoy working and playing with other children and adults.
- Create a positive climate for creative exploration.
- Stimulate the curiosity that grows into thoughtful investigation.
- Develop motivational systems that will engage the child in learning and problem-solving of his or her own volition.
- Develop skills and proficiencies for locating, using, and extending information.
- Use procedures and routines that will develop attention spans.
- Meet each child at his or her own point in development.
- Provide extensive experience with objects in the environment so that the child can deal with objects when they are not physically present.
- Foster good health, physical growth, and motor development.
- Integrate subject matters as much as possible.
- Help children feel close connections with nature.
Monday – Friday ……. 9:00 – 2:45
Kindergarten hours include lunch time and an average of one field trip per month for a total of 10 field trips per year.
Extended hours are available.